November 9, 2010

system0

welp,

Game 1: 2位 辞世テンプレート(+4.0) kenoko(-17.0) tetu4649(+40.0) 歩鳥.(-27.0)
My usual habit of not thinking before cutting appears in East-3.  I was bailing, so why didn't I just cut the 1p? Two riichis threw me off and I panicked, and instead of taking as much time as possible to look at the discards I just picked the 4m because it was safe for one player and dealt in.  1p and 2p were 100% safe for both.  Basically, I'm stupid (still.)
Game 2: 4位 辞世テンプレート(-30.0) mentaiko(-19.0) アルパカくん(+44.0) NoName(+5.0)
Being in noten East-1 ruined me, I guess.  No deal-ins, but I just couldn't win a hand (or even get into tenpai at all.)
Game 3: 3位 辞世テンプレート(-20.0) kirimi(+44.0) ABEE(+6.0) umetan(-30.0)
Not really sure why I made that riichi in East-1.  I got into tenpai a lot this time, but I still couldn't win anything.  It was just luck of the draw that I was 3rd instead of 4th, since we had the same amount of points.
Game 4: 4位 辞世テンプレート(-29.0) ハチ3(+40.0) あくむら(+8.0) 雀骨(-19.0)
I'm not a good player so I don't know if it was the right decision to go for it in South-1.  If it was, I guess it was just my bad luck that I had his tiles.  If it wasn't, I guess I should have bailed, in which case if he won I would have gotten 2nd at least.
Game 5: 4位 辞世テンプレート(-56.0) じゃむぱわふる(+56.0) @bacchus(-18.0) yoyodayo(+18.0)
I guess I should have bailed East-1.  There's no coming back from an oya-haneman hit in a tonpuusen.  I guess I shouldn't have thrown out the riichi in East-3, either.  I need to play more calmly.  I still would have lost, in all likelihood, but I would have at least had a shot.

So yeah, I'm still garbage.  Not going to bother posting a stat screenshot, but my rate fell 99 points to 1664 and my 4th place rate jumped to .156.  Maybe I'll play some more games tonight, in which case I'll edit this post with the new logs.

Today I remembered why I usually stuck with hanchans before; I'm an idiot, so I need to have an extra round to make up for the mistakes I make.  If that isn't there, I'm just going to deal in once and lose.  The obvious solution, one which I realized a year ago but still haven't put into practice, is to not deal in.  Unfortunately I'm not good enough to do that consistently.  That's why I started this blog, though, so maybe next time I'll show some improvement.

Part 2:
Game 1: 3位 辞世テンプレート(-20.0) ulaz.(+47.0) takon(+5.0) きみとぼく(-32.0)
Not much to say.  Didn't deal in, didn't win anything.  Tonpuusen are over too fast.
Game 2: 2位 辞世テンプレート(+5.0) DOTTI(-40.0) dadaweae(+52.0) かものはし(-17.0)
Going for Kokushi in East-4 was silly but it didn't seem to affect anything.  4 hands played, only 2 of them had a winner.  Tonpuusen are over too fast!
Game 3: 1位 辞世テンプレート(+45.0) @あっと@(-39.0) NoName(-16.0) Pokopen(+10.0)
Hey, I actually got to win some hands this time.
Game 4: 3位 辞世テンプレート(-18.0) y@k(+5.0) nabeat(+47.0) 秋風五丈原(-34.0)
Stupid turn 3 3-way wait.  Stupid uradora.  The other two deal-ins are basically my fault (although given the discards souzu tiles didn't look particularily dangerous in South-1.)  I thought for sure I had it in the bag in South-2 with a damaten wait on the 9p, especially after my shimocha declared riichi with a 6p in his discards. Just not lucky, I guess.  If it's me and another guy in tenpai, the other guy usually gets the ron.
Game 5: 3位 辞世テンプレート(-20.0) k.k714(+53.0) NoName(-39.0) 強くなりたい人(+6.0)
1s didn't look very dangerous in East-2.  Shanpon waits!  Aargh!  My riichi in East-3 didn't pan out and my damaten in East-4 didn't pan out either.  For some reason NoName turned on tsumokiri near the end of the first hand and spent the rest of the game absent.  Man, I hate that.

Better playing this time around.  I didn't deal into anything huge (or at all in the first 3 games) and I didn't get 4th at all this time.  I just...couldn't get my winning tiles to come out.  Didn't seem to matter if I was damaten or riichi, they were just stuck in the wall or used in someone's hand.  Guess that just happens sometimes, even though it sucks.  I'm feeling kind of blah about tonpuusen after all this so I might try some hanchans next time.  I'm at 90/100 rank points, though, so I'll wait until I rank up for those.  Hopefully it won't be too many more games.

No comments:

Post a Comment